Grade 316L, the low carbon version of 316 and is immune from sensitisation (grain boundary carbide precipitation). Thus it is extensively used in heavy gauge welded components (over about 6mm). Grade 316H, with its higher carbon content has application at elevated temperatures, as does stabilised grade 316Ti.
The austenitic structure also gives this grade excellent toughness, even down to cryogenic temperatures.
- Food preparation equipment particularly in chloride environments
- Laboratory benches & equipment
- Coastal architectural panelling, railings & trim
- Boat fittings
- Chemical containers, including for transport
- Heat Exchangers
- Woven or welded screens for mining, quarrying & water filtration
- Threaded fasteners
In Forms Of
Pipes & Tubes
Sheets Plates Coils