Type 304L is a lower carbon variant of Grade 304 – the steel can be welded without the resulting issue of carbon precipitation (precipitation of chromium carbide as heat is applied during the welding process which depletes the chromium element of the steel thus reducing its anti-corrosive/oxidation effectiveness).
As a result, Type 304L stainless steel is a sort after material for use in severely corrosive conditions. Weld annealing is only necessary in applications where stress loads are excessive.
- Food processing equipment, particularly in beer brewing, milk processing & wine making
- Kitchen benches, sinks, troughs, equipment and appliances
- Architectural panelling, railings & trim
- Chemical containers, including for transport
- Heat Exchangers
- Woven or welded screens for mining, quarrying & water filtration
- Threaded fasteners
In Forms Of
Pipes & Tubes
Sheets Plates Coils