Duplex Steel – 32760
Alloy 32760 is a super duplex stainless steel supplied in the hot worked and solution annealed condition. As a super duplex stainless steel, it combines the desirable aspects of both austenitic and ferritic grades. The higher chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen contents result in a Pitting Resistance Equivalent number (PREN) of >40, providing pitting and crevice corrosion resistance superior to austenitic and duplex stainless steels in almost all corrosive media, and a Critical Pitting Temperature exceeding 50°C nb. versions of the PREN formula also include W as a positive influence on overall pitting resistance.
It provides higher strength than both austenitic and 22% Cr duplex stainless steels, and is listed in NACE MR 0175 for sour service and ASME for pressure vessel applications.
Some of the typical applications of duplex steel grade 32760 are listed below:
- Process industry components in nitric acid, dioxide, polypropylene & PVC production, caustic evaporators
- Equipment handling organic & fatty acids
- Marine industry and shipbuilding propellers, shafts, rudders, shaft seals, pumps, bolts, fasteners, valves, instrumentation
- Sewage treatment, seawater cooling, desalination plants.
- Agrochemicals production such as fertilisers (based on wet phosphoric acid).
- Pollution control systems, fans and pumps, wet scrubbers, incinerators, flue gas desulphurisation (FGD).
In Forms Of
Pipes & Tubes
Sheets Plates Coils