Duplex Steel – 32750
Alloy 32750 is a super duplex stainless steel supplied in the solution annealed condition. As a super duplex stainless steel, it combines the desirable aspects of both austenitic and ferritic grades. The higher chromium, molybdenum and nitrogen contents result in a Pitting Resistance Equivalent number (PREN) of >41, providing pitting and crevice corrosion resistance superior to austenitic and duplex stainless steels in almost all corrosive media, and a Critical Pitting Temperature exceeding 50°C.
Supplied in the annealed condition, it achieves yield strengths of 80ksi (550Mpa), greater than most austenitic and duplex stainless steel grades. It cannot be hardened by heat treatment but can be strengthened by cold working. It also exhibits a low coefficient of thermal expansion and higher heat conductivity than austenitic steels and is suitable for working temperatures up to 300°C. Alloy 32750 is listed in NACE MR 0175 for sour service and having gained ASME Approval for Pressure Vessel applications it can be used in a wide variety of applications.
Some of the typical applications of duplex steel grade 32750 are listed below:
- Process industry components in nitric acid, dioxide, polypropylene & PVC production, caustic evaporators
- Equipment handling organic & fatty acids
- Marine industry and shipbuilding propellers, shafts, rudders, shaft seals, pumps, bolts, fasteners, valves, instrumentation
- Oil and chemical tankers
- Oil & Gas industry pumps, valves, pipe, vessels, wellhead equipment, subsea equipment.
- Pollution control systems, fans and pumps, wet scrubbers, incinerators, flue gas desulphurisation (FGD).
- Pulp & paper industry components such as black liquor heater tubes, digester blow valves, rotary feed valves, I.D.fans, brownstock washers, precipitators, bleaching components
- Food Industry applications including sugar cane centrifuges, corn and vegetable processing plant
In Forms Of
Pipes & Tubes
Sheets Plates Coils