Duplex Steel – SMO 254
Stainless steel grade 254 SMO™ is a very high end austenitic stainless steel. It is designed with a combination of impact toughness resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking, and pitting and crevice corrosion with strength that is twice that of the stainless steel 300 series.
For certain applications, grade 254 SMO™ has been reported to be a cost-effective substitute for high nickel and titanium alloys. It is known to possess excellent workability as well.
Some of the typical applications of duplex steel grade SMO 254 are listed below:
- Saltwater handling.
- Tall oil distillation columns.
- Flue gas desulfurization scrubbers.
- Components used in petroleum production.
- Process equipment in chemical industry.
- Bleaching equipment in the pulp and paper industry
- Flue-gas cleaning
- Heat exchangers.
In Forms Of
Pipes & Tubes
Sheets Plates Coils